Spring Home School Day
- Date: 04/27/2017 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Home School families are invited to experience 1860s living history activities from our most popular school programs.
Return to full list >>
- Morning session: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Morning session is full! Please attend the afternoon session. Thank you!
- Afternoon session: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- The theme is Hit the Trail! You will enjoy activities from our school program, Wagons Ho, to learn more about the Oregon, California, and Santa Fe Trails.
- Activities may include: gold panning, learning about trade goods on the Santa Fe Trail, seeing what the pioneers may pack in their prairie schooner, and more!
- Other activities may include: stagecoach rides, visiting the Mahaffie House, cookstove and blacksmith demonstrations.
- Cost is $5/student, ages 5-17, ages 4 & under and accompanying adults are admitted free.
- Stagecoach rides are offered, weather and ground conditions permitting. Accompanying adult stagecoach rides cost $2.
- Families are invited to enjoy activities at their own pace. You can visit each station at your leisure during the open house format during your registered time.
- Mahaffie staff and volunteers are dressed in 19th Century clothing at each activity.
- Park in the Heritage Center lot, pay your admission and pick up your map when you arrive.
- You are welcome to bring your own lunch to enjoy at the picnic tables on the grounds after you are finished with your session.
- Plan to visit The Heritage Center Mahaffie Market. This gift shop offers many family friendly items.
- Registration required:
- Spring Home School Day Registration (Pay the day of the event.)
- Spring Registration Thursday, April 27, Afternoon (Pay in advance for quick access to grounds)