Day Out with Frank and Ella
- Date: 06/01/2017 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Visitors of all ages are welcome to experience what it was like to grow up in the 1870s. The theme is Civil War.
Frank and Ella were the youngest Mahaffie children. A Day Out with Frank and Ella helps visitors of all ages experience childhood in the 1870s.
Civil War activities may feature:
- Soldier gear
- Sign up for President Lincoln's Army!
- Cannon drills at 11 a.m. & 2 p.m.
- Help out with 1860s laundry
- Marching and Drilling
- Visit the Mahaffie House
- Blacksmith demonstrations
- Stagecoach Rides*
Cost is $5/youth and includes a stagecoach ride. Youth under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. One free adult admission for one paid youth admission. Optional: $2 cost for a stagecoach ride for each free adult. Additional adults are $5.
*If lightening is in the area, the stagecoach will not operate for the safety of our visitors, staff, and animals. All other activities will be placed under cover. Please dress for changing weather conditions and wear sturdy footwear. Our grounds are muddy due to the recent rain. Thank you.