Independence Day: 1860s Style
- Date: 07/04/2017 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Enjoy a reading of the Declaration of Independence and meet Uncle Sam!
Independence Day in the 1860s was the biggest holiday of the year! Our activities are rain or shine. Please wear sturdy footwear as the grounds are muddy. Take a stagecoach ride*, see what is cooking on the cookstove and meet Uncle Sam!
- A Reading of the Declaration of Independence at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. followed by a cannon firing
- Sing patriotic songs such as Hail Columbia! and more after the cannon firing.
- Try your skills at celebrating the heroes of 1776 with marching drills at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m., plus make a paper hat!
- Pie, ice cream and root beer floats for sale.
All activities included with regular site admission, $7/adults, $5/children ages 5-11, under 4 are free. Olathe residents receive $2/off admission.
*The stagecoach will not operate if there is lightening in the vicinity for safety reasons. Thank you for your understanding.