Special Announcement: Mahaffie will be closed Monday, January 23 through Thursday, January 26 for routine maintenance. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
- If you need to contact Mahaffie staff, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information about renting the Heritage Center, please call 913-971-8745 as rental staff is working at the Olathe Community Center.
Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm Historic Site Commercial Portrait Photography Rules and Regulations. Rules and Regulations (PDF)
Mahaffie staff reserves the right to restrict areas of photography as needed.
Allows portrait photography at the rate of $25. This permit allows photography for the day the permit is purchased, by advance notification and availability, during operating hours. Daily permits can be obtained by calling our offices at 913-971-5111 or submitting your request via email to email@example.com or purchased day of.
Allows portrait photography at the rate of $150/year. This permit allows unlimited sessions, by advance notification and availability, during operating hours. Annual permits must be purchased by calling 913- 971-5111. After the permit is purchased, reservations can be made by contacting our offices at 913-971-5111 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All annual permits are valid for one year form date of purchase.
Allows portrait photography at the rate of $50/hour in addition to the purchase of a daily or annual permit. This permit allows portrait photography outside the site’s operating hours.
- Monday-Friday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Sunday: 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Holidays and special event weekends: Permits are not issued.
Photography is prohibited in the following areas
- Rooms of the Historic House
- In or on site equipment
- Livestock pens
- Livestock barn
- Work shop
- Staff offices
Photography Rules and Regulations
- We ask that photography session start no later than two hours prior to closing, unless purchasing the after-hours permit. Any session that extends past our operating hours will have the after-hours permit rate applied.
- All permit holders must check in at the Heritage Center upon arrival and departure of their session. After presenting or purchasing a valid permit, a tag will be provided that must be worn in full view at all times. The tag must be surrendered at the time of departure.
- Meet other members of your party in the Heritage Center lobby. Please do not block access to the sidewalk or entrance while waiting for your party. Additional members of your party that do not enter the grounds with you will be subject to pay the admission fee.
- The Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm Historic Sites’ priority is to serve as a living history site for all to experience. Please be conscientious of site visitors, other permit holders or groups utilizing the Mahaffie site and grounds. Do not invade or disrupt a space currently occupied by visitors, groups or other permit holders. Do not ask a patron to leave, move, hurry up, etc.
- Reservations for specific areas of the site supersede the photography permit/reservations. For example, if a rental party has reserved the front porch area or assembly hall, photography permit holders cannot invade that space during the rental reservation. Photographers hired for any rental of the site do not need a separate permit to photograph their event.
- Personal belongings. Do not leave props, clothing or personal belongings unattended, especially in the restrooms or in the Heritage Center. All personal belongings must stay with the permit holder or in their vehicle. The Mahaffie Site is not liable for damage to personal belongings while on site.
- Changing clothes on the site is prohibited. There are bathrooms located in the Heritage Center and on the site grounds for clothing changes.
- Damage. Any damage to the site grounds, building, animals or equipment will be charged to the permit holder(s).
- Inclement Weather: If it is raining or there is inclement weather, and you are unable to proceed with your photography, please contact Mahaffie staff in the Heritage Center or call 913-971-5111. They will rewrite your permit for another available reservation time.
- Due to the safety of Mahaffie animals and your pets, Mahaffie does not allow pets including dogs to be on the Mahaffie site. Service animals will be allowed.
- If you wish to visit the site prior to your photography session please contact the site at 913-971-5111 to set up a time, no photography equipment may accompany you during this time.
- Be sure to check out upon completion of your session.
- An excessive number of cancellations or no shows could result in release of standing reservations and/or restrictions being placed on scheduling future reservations.