Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop offers your students an opportunity to discover history where it happened. Hands-on activities with our animals, wagons, and stagecoach make visiting Mahaffie fun for children and a valuable tool for educators!
- Growing Up Victorian - Grades K-2
- Wagons Ho - Grades 3-8
- J.B. Mahaffie Had a Farm - Grades 3-8
- Home on the Range - Grades 3-8
- The Tragic Prelude - Grades 3-8
- Off-Site Programs
- Home School Programs
- Summer Programs
- General Program Information
Printable 2015-2016 School Program Flyer (PDF)
- School programs are offered Tuesday-Friday, we reserve Mondays for make up days due to inclement weather.
- School programs are $6 per student for a 1/2 day program or $10 per student for a full day program. There is a minimum of 20 students or $100. Title I schools receive $1/off admission per student.
- Accompanying adults are admitted free. If the adults would like a stagecoach ride, the cost is $2/adult. Please pay in Heritage Center.
- School programs are approximately two hours in length. Smaller groups will move through the program quicker than a group of 100 students.
- School programs are offered 9:30-11:30 a.m. or 12:30-2:30 p.m. Many schools choose two programs to create a day-long field trip. The times are flexible to accommodate bus schedules.
- School program activities take place outdoors, rain or shine. Except for the stagecoach ride, activities can be moved under cover due to weather. If lightening is present, stagecoach rides cannot take place. School program participants are encouraged to dress for the weather and ground conditions. "Eating lunch outside in the cold was FUN!"-3rd Grade student
- Cancellation due to weather will be the decision of the client. Mahaffie will make all efforts to place stations undercover, transition from stations will be in the elements. The stagecoach will not be able to run during lightning.
- Reschedule dates will be made available due to weather issues. If a reschedule date is not available a refund will be made. Cancellation made within one week of booking date will not receive a refund. Reschedules can be made up to three day prior to booking date.
- School groups may choose to bring their lunches to have lunch at the site either before or after their program. Lunch is typically eaten outside at picnic tables under the site's tent.
- We have carts to transport lunch to the site's tent. When booking your program, please let us know your group will be eating lunch so the carts can be available.
- NEW!-Souvenir Bags can be added to your booking. For $1, each souvenir bags includes a candy stick, Mahaffie animal trading card, a Mahaffie pencil, and a sticker. Please let us know how many souvenir bags should be ready when you book your program.
Learn more about the booking process or book your school program today by calling 913-971-5111.