When booking the school program, please provide:
- Date and time preferred
- Grade level
- Number of students, teachers and adults
- If you would like to eat lunch on the grounds
- After the program time has been reserved a confirmation letter will be sent to you.
- You can specify if you would like the letter e-mailed, faxed or mailed. Please sign a copy of the confirmation letter and send back to Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm. This helps us be aware the school program has been confirmed.
- Program fees are $5/student and are due one week before your scheduled program.
- Minimum group of 20 or minimum payment of $100 is required.
- Teachers, Student Teachers, Paraprofessionals and up to two parents per classroom are admitted free.
Before Your Arrival
Please check weather the day before your school program. If you have concerns please feel free to call Mahaffie for up to date information, (913) 971-5111.
Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm does not cancel programs due to weather.
- Cancellation due to weather will be the decision of the client. Mahaffie will make its best efforts to place stations undercover, transition from stations will be in the elements. The stagecoach will not be able to run during lightening.
- The site reserves Mondays to reschedule programs cancelled due to weather.
- Reschedule dates will be made available due to weather issues. If a reschedule date is not available a refund will be made. Cancellation made within one week of booking date will not receive a refund. Reschedules can me made up to three days prior to booking date.
Programs at Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm take place outside. Please have students dress appropriately for the weather and in clothes that can get dirty. Temperature and weather can be unpredictable in Kansas during the spring and fall. The site is a working farm. Students will encounter water, dirt, uneven ground and animal manure during the course of the program. Please have students wear close-toed shoes; no flip flops or sandals. Tennis shoes are preferred. One Drinking Fountain is located on the grounds however time is limited for the program. Please have students bring water bottles if the weather is warm or students will need drinks during the program.
The day of the school program, groups are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled start time to ensure that the program can begin on time. Please advise the bus drivers to drop off students in the parking lot of the Heritage Center, 1200 Kansas City Rd. After the students are dropped off, the buses can park in the Heritage Center parking lot. The groups will enter and exit Mahaffie through the Heritage Center.
- Payment is due one week before the program. Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm accepts cash, check, Master Card and Visa. A combination of payment forms may be used. Teachers are responsible for collecting money from students and/or additional adults. Credits will be made to client accounts for any payments made in excess of day of student count.
- Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm offers souvenir bags for a fee of $1/per student. The bags contain a pencil, postcard, marbles and stick candy. Please let staff know at least two weeks before the date of your program if you are interested in purchasing souvenir bags.
- Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop and Farm does have a gift shop in the Heritage Center. The gift shop carries books, toys, candy, postcards and other souvenirs that related to the historic themes of the site. It is the teacher’s decision whether or not students will be allowed to shop in the gift shop. If your group chooses to shop, students will be admitted into the gift shop in groups of 10. At least one chaperone must accompany the students. Groups that are planning to shop should plan additional time beyond the 2-hour program time.
- The Mahaffie Staff understands that teachers and adults carry cell phones for emergencies and other work related business. However, we ask that you set your cell phone to vibrate during the program. If you need to use your phone during the program, please step away from the group so that program activities are not disrupted.
- After your school program is complete a program evaluation will be emailed to you. Please return it so we can continue to provide quality school group programs.