Mahaffie Visits Your Group is ideal for assisted living facilities, church groups, retirement communities, scout groups, and civic groups etc.
Each program costs $85 for approximately one hour, depending on the size of your audience.
- Mahaffie staff will work with your activities coordinator to customize the program for your audience.
- Mahaffie will pack our bags, come to your location, and entertain your audience.
- One historical interpreter in authentic period clothes will share stories of the 19th Century.
Mahaffie Visits Your Group options:
- Civil War:Learn about items Civil War soldiers carried, sing songs from the Civil War and invite your residents to march and drill.
- Cowboy Program:Try on cowboy gear; learn how to rope a steer, and sing cowboy songs!
- From Forge to Stove:Review pictures of the blacksmith shop and stagecoach stop dining room. Learn about popular recipes and play Mahaffie Farm Bingo.
- Meet the Mahaffies:Pictures of the Mahaffie family will be displayed and Mahaffie staff will play Mahaffie Farm Bingo with the participants. A ten minute orientation video will be presented to explore an overall view of the Mahaffie family. A DVD player will be required.
- Seasons on the Farm:Learn about 1860s chores and how the farm prepared for each season. Learn how to card wool by combing wool between two large combs.
- Victorian Holidays:Learn how 1860s holidays were different from today. This program ends with sing-a-longs. The following holidays are available: Valentine’s Day, Independence Day, and Christmas.
Complete and submit this form to register your program.
Mahaffie staff will contact you to confirm your program booking.
Please contact Mahaffie at 913-971-5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.