Spring Home School Day
Enjoy Work & Play: 1860s Style!
- Date: 04/26/2018 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Home School families are invited to experience 1860s living history activities from our most popular school programs.
Return to full list >>
- Morning session: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Afternoon session: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- The theme is Work & Play: 1860s Style!
- Activities may include: helping in the garden, making a Thaumatrope, and 1860s dancing and more!
- Other activities may include: stagecoach rides, visiting the Mahaffie House, cookstove and blacksmith demonstrations.
- Cost is $5/student, ages 5-17, ages 4 & under and accompanying adults are admitted free.
- Stagecoach rides are offered, weather and ground conditions permitting. Accompanying adult stagecoach rides cost $2.
- Families are invited to enjoy activities at their own pace. You can visit each station at your leisure during the open house format during your registered time.
- Mahaffie staff and volunteers are dressed in 1860s clothing at each activity.
- Park in the Heritage Center lot, pay your admission and pick up your map when you arrive.
- You are welcome to bring your own lunch to enjoy at the picnic tables on the grounds after you are finished with your session.
- Plan to visit The Heritage Center Mahaffie Market. This gift shop offers many family friendly items.
- Registration required:
- Spring Home School Day Registration (Pay the day of the event.)