Independence Day: 1860s Style
- Date: 07/04/2018 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Enjoy a reading of the Declaration of Independence and meet Uncle Sam!
Independence Day in the 1860s was the biggest holiday of the year! Take a stagecoach ride*, see what is cooking on the cookstove and meet Uncle Sam!
- A Reading of the Declaration of Independence at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. followed by a cannon firing.
- Sing patriotic songs such as Hail Columbia! and more at 12 p.m. & 2 p.m. followed by a cannon firing.
- Celebrate the heroes of 1776 by making a paper hat!
- Pie, ice cream and root beer floats for sale.
All activities included with regular site admission, $7/adults, $5/children ages 5-11, under 4 are free. Olathe residents receive $2/off admission.
*All activities subject to change
*Weather Alert* If the heat index reaches 105 degrees, stagecoach rides will be replaced with another hands-on horse activity. We want to ensure the safety of our horses. Thank you for understanding.