Day Out with Frank and Ella - Trains and Mad Scientists: 1860s Style
- Date: 06/12/2019 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Visitors of all ages are welcome to experience what it was like to grow up in the 1870s. The theme is Mad Scientists: 1860s Style!
Frank and Ella were the youngest Mahaffie children. A Day Out with Frank and Ella helps visitors of all ages experience childhood in the 1870s.
Mad Scientists: 1860s style activities may include:
- Gunpowder demonstrations
- Learn about steam power, electricity, and the telegraph
- Meet the Phrenologist, Professor Nigel P Throckmorton III
- Blacksmith demonstrations
- Cookstove demonstrations
- Visit the Mahaffie House
Cost is $5/youth and includes one stagecoach ride. Youth under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. One free adult admission for one paid youth admission. Optional: $2 cost for a stagecoach ride for each free adult. Additional adults are $5. Children ages 4 & under are free.