Day Out with Frank and Ella-Music & Arts: 1860s Style
- Date: 06/26/2019 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Visitors of all ages are invited to learn about what is was like growing up in the 1870s. The theme is Music & Arts: 1860s Style!
Frank and Ella were the youngest Mahaffie children. Visitors of all ages are welcome to learn what it was like growing up on the Mahaffie farm in the 1870s. The theme is Music & Arts: 1860s Style!
- Learn about Frozen Charlotte
- See quilting demonstrations
- See musical acts
- Visit the blacksmith at 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- Visit the Mahaffie House (the secret: the Mahaffie House is air-conditioned)
- Explore exhibits in the Agricultural Heritage Livestock Barn and the Heritage Center
- For the safety of the horses and due to the anticipated heat, there will be no 1:30 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. stagecoach rides. Another hands-on horse activity will take place.
Cost is $5/youth and includes a stagecoach ride*. Youth under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. One free adult admission for one paid youth admission. Optional: $2 cost for a stagecoach ride* for each free adult. Additional adults are $5.
*Weather Alert* If the heat index reaches 105 degrees, stagecoach rides will be replaced with another hands-on horse activity. We want to ensure the safety of our horses. Thank you for understanding.