Day Out with Frank and Ella-Public Safety: 1860s Style
- Date: 07/24/2019 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Visitors of all ages are invited to learn about what is was like growing up in the 1870s. The theme is Construction: 1860s style!
Frank and Ella were the youngest Mahaffie children. A Day Out with Frank and Ella helps visitors of all ages experience childhood in the 1870s.
Public Safety: 1860s style activities may feature:
- Learn about firearms at 11 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Lend a hand in the bucket brigade
- Take the Deputy U.S. Marshall oath
- Learn about modern safety at City of Olathe's Fire House
- Visit the Mahaffie House
- Blacksmith demonstrations
- Stagecoach Rides
Cost is $5/youth and includes a stagecoach ride. Youth under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. One free adult admission for one paid youth admission. Optional: $2 cost for a stagecoach ride for each free adult. Additional adults are $5.
Activities open to visitors of all ages and are self-guided. Mahaffie staff and volunteers are at each activity. Please allow 60-90 minutes for your visit. Groups of 10 or more are encouraged to register. Visit our programs page for more information.