Fall Homeschool Day
- Date: 09/05/2019 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: Home School Families are invited to explore the American Civil War!
Return to full list >>
- Morning Session: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Session Full!
- Afternoon Session: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- The topic is the American Civil War.
- Activities TBD
- Other activities may include: stagecoach rides, visiting the Mahaffie House, cookstove and blacksmith demonstrations.
- Cost is $5/student, ages 5-17, ages 4 & under and accompanying adults are admitted free. The student admission includes one stagecoach ride.
- Stagecoach rides are offered, weather and ground conditions permitting. Accompanying adult stagecoach rides cost $2.
- Families are invited to enjoy activities at their own pace. You can visit each station at your leisure during the open house format during your registered time.
- Mahaffie staff and volunteers are dressed in 1860s clothing at each activity.
- Park in the Heritage Center lot, pay your admission and pick up your map when you arrive.
- You are welcome to bring your own lunch to enjoy at the picnic tables on the grounds before or after your session.
- Plan to visit The Heritage Center Mahaffie Market. This gift shop offers many family friendly items.