Mahaffies' Independence Day Celebration
- Date: 07/04/2020 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Location: Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E. Kansas City Road
Olathe, Kansas 66061
- Introduction: On July 4th, attendance will be limited to 180 guests total at any time. Per Executive Order 20-52, Mahaffie will require masks to be worn when visiting. Thank you for your understanding as we work to provide a safe environment for guests and employees!
Mahaffies' Independence Day Celebration activities may include:
- A Reading of the Declaration of Independence at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
- Meet Lady Columbia and Uncle Sam
- Cookstove demonstrations
- Mahaffie Farmhouse open to visit
- Stagecoach rides
Cost is $7/adults, $5/children ages 5-11, children 4 & under are free and includes all activities. Olathe residents receive $2/off admission. Ice cream, root beer, and root beer floats available for purchase. Bring your blankets, lawn chairs and picnics for this all-American celebration!
Due to restrictions on crowd size, there will not be any fireworks displays at Mahaffie this year. Thank you for understanding.
The photo used in this post was made during a previous year. Today social distancing is strongly encouraged. Please be respectful of other visitors and give them space - something we have in abundance on the historic grounds!
On July 4th, attendance will be limited to 180 guests total at any time. Per Executive Order 20-52, Mahaffie will require masks to be worn when visiting. Thank you for your understanding as we work to provide a safe environment for guests and employees. For more information, visit: Olatheks.org
*Weather Alert* If the heat index reaches 105 degrees, stagecoach rides will be replaced with another hands-on horse activity. We want to ensure the safety of our horses. Thank you for understanding.