Mahaffie is hiring!
Historic Site Guide
- Engage general visitors and organized tour groups in hands-on, 1860s living history activities for daily programming, and special events.
- Assist with preparation, planning, set-up, and take-down of program materials for daily activities, and special events. May assist in feeding and maintaining livestock.
- Interpret and portray the life, work, and activities of an 1860s farm family, and engage visitors in those experiences.
- Learn 1860s historical processes to demonstrate for visitors, and involve visitors in those processes.
- Quilting and sewing
- Wood stove cooking
- Planting and harvesting field crops with hand tools
- Dress in 1860s clothing and work outdoors
- This position is seasonal with no benefits
- For more information and to apply, visit Jobs and search for Historic Site Guide
Historic Site Guide-Livestock Handler/Stagecoach Driver
- Engage visitors and organized tour groups in stagecoach operations, livestock and agricultural activities.
- Assist the livestock manager in maintaining stagecoach and farm implements, and feeding and caring for livestock.
- Offer stagecoach and wagon rides with horses, oxen and goats.
- Feed, exercise, groom and administer medicines to animals as assigned.
- Ensure the safety of guests, staff and volunteers when interacting with livestock.
- This position is seasonal with no benefits.
- For more information and to apply, visit Jobs search for Stagecoach Driver.