The Mahaffie Animals Miss Seeing their Friends!
- Historians say the original socially distant activity was probably letter writing. (Ok, we just made that one up.)
- During the Mahaffies' era, writing letters was about the best way to stay in touch over a long distance, but also over short distances.
- At that time, the United States Post Office had not yet been established and mail was run on private routes-you guessed it-stagecoaches!
If you would like to write a letter to one of the animals on the farm, they will find a staff member who can take dictation and write back to you. Our animals interested in having pen pals are:
- Levi and Samson, the oxen
- Burt, Lady, Goliath, Chip, and Ace, the horses
- Tom and Huck, the goats
- Smoothie, Daisy, and Petunia, the sheep
- Ashley, the rooster
They also appreciate pretty pictures and will display them with pride.
Our mailing address is:
Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm
1200 E Kansas City Rd.