Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop offers students an opportunity to discover history where it happened.
Activities with animals, wagons, and the stagecoach make visiting Mahaffie fun for children and a valuable tool for educators!
- Growing Up Victorian - Recommended for grades K-2
- Home on the Range - Grades 3-8
- Home School Days
- J.B. Mahaffie Had a Farm - Grades 3-8
- Mahaffie Visits Your School
- The Tragic Prelude - Grades 3-8
- Wagons Ho - Grades 3-8
School programs are offered Tuesdays - Fridays.
- School programs are approximately two hours.
- Small groups will move through the program quicker than large groups such as 100 students.
- School programs are offered in morning and afternoon sessions.
- Many schools choose two programs to create a day-long field trip.
- The times are flexible to accommodate bus schedules.
- Half-day program: Minimum 20 students for $6 per student.
- Full-day program: Minimum 20 students for $10 per student.
- $1 reduced admission per student for Title 1 schools.
- Accompanying adults are admitted free.
- $2 per adult for a stagecoach ride. Adults pay in the Heritage Center.
$1 per souvenir bag. Please let staff know at least two weeks before your program if you are purchasing souvenir bags.
- Make arrangements to bring lunches when the program is booked.
- Carts will be provided to transport lunches to the tent.
- Eat before or after the program.
- School program activities take place outdoors, rain or shine.
- Participants are encouraged to dress for the weather and ground conditions, in clothes that can get soiled.
- We will make all efforts to place stations under cover.
- Transition between stations will still be in the weather elements.
- Mahaffie will discontinue stagecoach rides if lightening is present.
- Cancellations due to weather issues will be the decision of the client.
- Mondays are reserved for make-up days in the event of weather issues.
- Reschedule dates or refunds will be available for cancellations due to weather issues.
- Non weather related cancellations made within one week of the program date will not receive a refund.
Reschedules should be made at least three days prior the program date.