Fall Homeschool Days are Thursday, September 5, and Friday, September 6, 2019. Registration is open!
- The theme is the American Civil War. Learn more about the local events leading up to the war.
- *Civil War activities: try your hand at marching and drilling, visiting a solider camp, cannon drills, and more!
- *Other activities: visiting the 1865 Mahaffie House, cookstove and blacksmith demonstrations, playing 1860s games, and visiting exhibits in the Agricultural Heritage Livestock Barn and the Heritage Center.
- Two Sessions: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Each session limited to 125 participants. Both morning sessions are full. Please select the afternoon session.
- Cost is $5/student, ages 5-17, ages 4 & under and accompanying adults are admitted free. One stagecoach ride included in the student fee. Adults are $2/stagecoach ride.
- Families are invited to enjoy activities at their own pace. You can visit each station at your leisure during the open house format during your registered time.
- Mahaffie staff and volunteers are dressed in 1860s clothing at each activity.
- Park in the Heritage Center lot, pay your admission and pick up your map when you arrive.
- You are welcome to bring your own lunch to enjoy at the picnic shelter on the grounds after you are finished with your session.
- Plan to visit the Heritage Center Mahaffie Market. This gift shop offers many family friendly items.
- Registration required, and each session is limited to 125 students.
- Pay in advance and receive faster access to the Mahaffie grounds.
- Thursday, September 5, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. session-Session full, please select another session.
- Thursday, September 5, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. session
- Friday, September 6, 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. session-Session full, please select another session.
- Friday, September 6, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. session
- Please mark your calendars for Spring Homeschool Days Thursday, April 23 & Friday, April 24, 2020.
*All activities subject to change.
Additional questions? Call Mahaffie: 913-971-5111