Request your program today! Mahaffie School Program Form
School Program Flyer
Booking your School Program
- After your program date and time has been requested a confirmation letter will be sent to you.
- Program fees are due one week before your scheduled program.
- Minimum group of 20 or minimum payment of $120 is required.
- Teachers, Student Teachers, Paraprofessionals and parents are admitted free. If accompanying adults want to ride the stagecoach, cost is $2/adult.
Before for your Visit
- Payment is due one week before your program.
- Mahaffie accepts cash, check, Master Card and Visa.
- A combination of payment forms can be used.
- Teachers are responsible for collecting money from students and/or additional adults.
- Credits will be made to client accounts for any payments made in excess of day of student count.
- Student Costs: $6/student for a half day program, $10/student for full day program
- Adult Costs: teachers and paraprofessionals are free. Accompanying adults are free unless they want to ride the stagecoach. ($2/stagecoach ride for adults)
- Souvenir bags are available for $1/per student.
- Please let staff know at least two weeks before your program if you are purchasing souvenir bags.
Weather and clothing
- Check the weather forecast the day before your school program. Call Mahaffie 913-971-5111 if you have concerns.
- Programs at Mahaffie take place outdoors, rain or shine.
- Students should dress for the weather and ground conditions, in clothes that can get soiled.
- Layer clothing helps.Temperatures can be unpredictable in Kansas during the spring and fall.
- The site is a working farm. Students will encounter water, dirt, uneven ground and animal manure during the course of the program.
- Students should wear close-toed shoes; no flip flops or sandals. Tennis shoes are preferred.
- Students should bring water bottles during warm weather. One drinking fountain is located on the grounds however time is limited for the program.
- Mahaffie does not cancel programs due to weather.
- Cancellation due to weather will be your decision.
- Mahaffie will make every effort to place stations undercover.
- Students moving from station to station will be in the weather elements.
- Mahaffie will discontinue stagecoach rides if lightening is present.
- Mahaffie reserves Mondays to reschedule programs cancelled due to weather.
- Reschedule dates or refunds will be made available due to weather issues.
- Non weather related cancellations made within one week of the program date will not receive a refund. Reschedules should be made at least three days prior to requested date.
Arriving for your Visit
- Arrive five minutes before the scheduled start time.
- Advise the bus driver(s) to drop off students in the Heritage Center parking lot, 1200 E Kansas City Rd. Olathe, KS.
- Buses can park in the Heritage Center parking lot after students are dropped off.
- Enter and exit Mahaffie through the Heritage Center.
After your Visit
- A program evaluation will be emailed to you. Please return it so Mahaffie can continue to provide quality school programs.