Spring is a busy time on the Mahaffie Farm! There are many activities and events for all ages.
- Living History: 1860s Style kicks-off Saturday, April 7. We are open year-round. 1860s Living History activities begin weekends in April. Enjoy activities such as stagecoach rides, visiting the Mahaffie house, blacksmith and cookstove demonstrations and seasonal farming activities.
- Backyard Chickens
- Learn about raising your own flock of little ladies at this workshop Tuesday, April 24, 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Spring Home School Days
- Home school families are invited to participate in Work & Play: 1860s Style Thursday, April 26 or Friday, April 27. Sessions are offered each day: 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Roundabout! or the Completely Contrived Chronicle of Lucy Mahaffie and the Endless Right Turn!
- Saturday, April 28 at 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Sunday, April 29 at 2 p.m. This old-fashioned melodrama for the whole family is packed with more fiction than fact but a whole lot of fun that gives Olathe's history with the 'roundabout!' The performances are brought to you by the Olathe Civic Theater Association and take place on the historic Mahaffie grounds.