Frank and Ella were the youngest Mahaffie children. Days Out with Frank and Ella helps visitors of all ages experience childhood in the 1860s & 1870s. Each week on Wednesdays & Thursdays in June & July features a different history theme. Flyer of dates and themes.
Dates and Themes:
|May 29 & 30||Work & Play: 1860s Style!||July 3||Independence Day: 1860s Style!|
|June 5 & 6||Hit the Trails!||July 10 & 11||Wheat Harvest|
|June 12 & 13||Trains & Mad Scientists: 1860s Style!||July 17 & 18||Happy Birthday Ella!|
|June 19 & 20||Civil War||July 24 & 25||Public Safety: 1860s Style!|
|June 26 & 27||Music & Arts: 1860s Style!||July 31 & August 1||Kansas Cowboys|
- Youth: $5/per youth. Admission includes a stagecoach ride. Youth under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Adult: One free admission for one paid youth admission. Optional: $2 cost for a stagecoach ride for each free adult. Additional adults are $5.
Registration and FAQ's
- All are welcome!
- Groups of 10 or more: Registration required.
- Individuals and families: Registration is not required.
- When you arrive the day of your program, please park in the parking lot of the Heritage Center, pay your admission fee, and pick up your activity map.
- Groups and individuals are welcome to each lunch on the Mahaffie grounds. Please bring your own lunch as lunch is not available for purchase.
- Participants will enjoy hands-on activities, crafts and a stagecoach ride (paying youths and adults only)