Frank and Ella were the youngest Mahaffie children. Days Out with Frank and Ella helps visitors of all ages experience childhood in the 1860s & 1870s. Each week on Wednesdays & Thursdays in June & July features a different history theme.
Dates and Themes:
|June 3 & 4||Construction: 1860s Style!||July 1 & 2||Civil War|
|June 10 & 11||Mad Scientists: 1860s Style!||July 8 & 9||Kansas Cowboys|
|June 17 & 18||Public Safety: 1860s Style!||July 15 & 16||Wonderful Women|
|June 24 & 25||Hit the Trail!||July 22 & 23||Wheat & Potato Harvest: 1860s Style!|
|July 29 & 30||Christmas in July|
- Youth: $5/per youth. Admission includes a stagecoach ride. Youth under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Adult: One free admission for one paid youth admission. Optional: $2 cost for a stagecoach ride for each free adult. Additional adults are $5.
Registration and FAQ's
- All are welcome!
- Groups of 10 or more: Registration required.
- Individuals and families: Registration is not required.
- When you arrive the day of your program, please park in the parking lot of the Heritage Center, pay your admission fee, and pick up your activity map.
- Groups and individuals are welcome to each lunch on the Mahaffie grounds. Please bring your own lunch as lunch is not available for purchase.
- Participants will enjoy hands-on activities, crafts and a stagecoach ride (paying youths and adults only)