Wild West Days!
Enjoy our annual event Saturday, October 12 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. & Sunday, October 13 11 am. to 4 p.m.
- Live entertainment!
- Performances from Professor Farquar, the Whip Guy, Wicked Liars, and more!
- Stagecoach rides-Watch out for those stagecoach robberies!
- Chuckwagon Cook-Off -Saturday Only
- Cowboy encampments
- Lots of activities for kids: roping, 1860s games & laundry, and more!
- Some activities require an extra fee: branding, gold panning, leather stamping, rubberband gun gallery, air-gun shooting gallery and making an 'S' Hook for ages 8 & up
- Visiting animals including Levi & Samson, the oxen from Grassy Ridge Oxen.
- Rose Marie's Fiesta Mexicana Dancers-Sunday only
- 1860s living history demonstrations
- Purchase your root beer & cream soda from Doc's Root Beer (cash only)
- Food available for purchase from the Olathe Noon Optimist Club and Boy Scout Troop 494 (cash only)
- Enjoy an omelet from the Santa Fe Trail Rotary Club 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the Heritage Center on Saturday only. Cost is $8/omelet and includes admission to Wild West Days
- Park at Olathe North High School 600 E. Prairie, Olathe, KS, to catch a free shuttle to the Heritage Center.
- Family Friendly Admission: $5/person ages 5 & up, live entertainment, one stagecoach ride, living history demonstrations and more!
2018 Chuckwagon Results:
- Best Beans: Rafter JB-Cambridge, KS
- Best Bread: Still Hangin'-Lebanon, MO
- Best Coffee: Cookin' Cowpokes-Olathe, KS
- Best Dessert: T Bar B-Topeka, KS
- Best Meat Dish: Still Hangin'
- Best Potatoes: Cookin' Cowpokes
- People's Choice: Rafter JB
Thank you to our 2018 Wild West Days Sponsors: Olathe Chamber of Commerce Convention and Visitors Bureau, Olathe Bass Pro Shops, Olathe Ford, Lincoln, Olathe Noon Optimist Club, Olathe Santa Fe Trail Rotary, and Johnson's County Gazette.
Please be aware due to the high volume of animals and gunfire, please leave your pets at home. Service animals are permitted.
*All Activities Subject to Change