Opportunities for adults (age 16+) and families
Be an interpreter! Share your cooking, gardening, music, blacksmithing or sewing skills while wearing 1860s clothes and interacting with Mahaffie guests of all ages. Please note, some tasks are restricted by the age of the volunteer. Please apply online before attending one of our Interpreter Training Sessions.
Interpreter Training Sessions
These sessions offer more about what it means to be an interpreter, you can get your 1860s clothes and meet new friends! You do not have to attend all sessions but share the dates with others. Choose from:
- Tuesday, April 17 (6 -8 p.m)
- Tuesday, May 15 (6-8 p.m)
- Tuesday, June 12 (6-8 p.m.)
- Tuesday, July 24 (6-8 p.m.)
- Tuesday, August 14 (6-8 p.m.)
- Tuesday, September 18 (6-8 p.m.)
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending an interpreter training session.
What happens after the Interpreter Training Session?
- Please study your materials, there is a lot to learn about life in the 1860s.
- We offer flexible volunteer schedules but we rely on our volunteers to be present when you are scheduled.
- You will be partnered with experienced interpreters who will show you what to do on the farm.
We welcome you to attend any of the Interpreter Training Sessions, and bring a friend!