Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop & Farm invites visitors of all ages to discover a working 1860s farm with horses, chickens, sheep, and other livestock. You and your family can engage in some of the activities that were a part of daily life for the Mahaffie family and their neighbors. Mahaffie is open year round, activities and admission vary by season.
Begin your visit in the Heritage Center:
- Park in the Heritage Center parking lot.
- Pay your admission.
- Pick up your map of the days’ activities.
- Visit exhibits and watch a 10 minute video about the Mahaffie Farm.
- Visit the Mahaffie Market gift shop for your souvenirs.
- Enjoy a short walk to the Mahaffie grounds where you can visit the same limestone farmhouse built in 1865 by James 'Beatty' Mahaffie. Activities vary by season.
Hours & Activities
Hours are Monday-Saturday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Activities vary by season.
Monday-Friday, April, May, September and October
- Enjoy visiting exhibits in the Heritage Center, the Agricultural Heritage Livestock Barn and explore the grounds. Watch videos about the Mahaffie family and the Border/Civil War in the Heritage Center.
- Admission: $3/adults, $2/children ages 5-11, children 4 & under are free.
- Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, April, May, September and October
- 1860s Regular Living History Activities:
- Stagecoach rides: 10:30 a.m., 12 p.m., 1:30 p.m. & 3 p.m. (no 10:30 a.m. stagecoach ride on Sunday)
- Blacksmith demonstrations: 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2 p.m. & 3:30 p.m.
- Farmer at Work: 11:45 a.m. & 2:15 p.m. Work activities change daily, depending on the need. You may be able to help care for animals, help water the garden, or see an animal power demonstration. (no 11:45 a.m. Farmer at Work on Sunday)
- Help with evening chores at 3:30 p.m.
- Enjoy visiting the exhibits in the Heritage Center and Agricultural Heritage Livestock barn. Watch videos about the Mahaffie family and the Border/Civil War and visit the Mahaffie Market gift shop.
- All activities included with admission: $7/adults, $5/children ages 5-11, children 4 & under are free, Olathe residents receive $2/off admission
- Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Admission can vary for special activities and seasons.
- 1860s Regular Living History season: (Weekends April, May, September, October, Wednesday-Sunday, Memorial Day-Labor Day.)
- Adults: $7/person
- Children: $5/person ages 5 to 11, 4 and under are free
- Olathe Residents: $2 off admission
- Non-Living History season: (Monday and Tuesday, Memorial Day-Labor Day. Weekdays April, May, September and October. All days in November-March)
- Adults: $3/person
- Children: $2/person ages 5-11, 4 and under are free
- Olathe Residents: $1 off admission
Mahaffie is closed on the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Veterans’ Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Mahaffie is open Independence Day